(Above image) Olmsted-Beil House, Eltingville, Staten Island, New York c. 1680. Light snow only enhances the charm of the house and was  most likely taken in the 1940’s by the Cullen family – owners at that time. The ancient farm house had a fanciful  Victorian porch added to it in the 1890’s  that further added to its allure. Standing guard  for a century and a half are the Cedar of Lebanon trees that  were planted by  Frederick Law Olmsted  himself.  They continue to thrive today.  

The Friends of Olmsted-Beil House are proud to play a part in the restoration of this historic house, and in educating the public to the wonder that is this “man who loved the earth” – Frederick Law Olmsted.

Mission of Friends of Olmsted-Beil House

To preserve, protect and present the Olmsted-Beil historic site.